This workshop will be held over 2 days in early February 2021. The event is chance to learn from Matt Montano; a nationally published, award nominated, multi-body accredited Professional Landscape Photographer. For the duration of this 2 day this workshop you will be based at the renowned Lands End Hotel along the Penwith Peninsula. You will have the chance to photograph some of the most dramatic scenery to be found anywhere in the world, for the purposes of coastal seascapes. The focus and purpose of the workshop itself will be on shooting long exposures up to around 2 to 3 minutes and specifically in Monochrome (black and white).
Matt has professional photographers insurance and has Public Liability Insurance cover for up to £5 million – so please be reassured; you are in safe hands!
The workshop will provide you with all the advice & tuition needed to create stunning long exposure monochrome seascape images of Cornwall.
The daytime schedule will be split in to 2 components; Daytime shooting (approximately 9am to 3pm) and evening image processing ( 6pm to 8pm)
The workshop will be run by Matt himself. The price for the course is £450 per person and is limited to a maximum of 10 participants.
Book now to avoid disappointment!
Included is as follows;
- 2 days expert tuition from renowned Cornish seascape photographer Matt Montano
- 2 days Breakfast & Dinner included
- 2 nights accommodation at the Lands End Hotel
- All transport to and from your base and photo locations
- Laptop provided for evening session of photo editing
- Hitech Formatt 100mm filter system provided for use during workshop
Advice & guidance on the following;
- advanced techniques for magazine quality images
- use of Hitech Formatt 100mm Filter System
- composition (rule of thirds, foreground elements, perspective/ vanishing points)
- long exposures for seascapes (motion blur of water & cloud and specific considerations for these)
- focusing (hyperfocal, lens distance scales)
- special considerations for long exposures in monochrome (e.g. use of RGB historgram on LCD screen
Image Processing –
- RAW file processing in Photoshop
- Advanced Editing using Adobe Lightroom & Photoshop
- Converting to Monochrome
- Image Presets
- Consideration of different paper types & their properties, for Monochrome prints.
- Print profiles & printer management via Adobe Photoshop
- Use of Fine Art Media on Inkjet Printers
- Monitor Adobe RGB Colour gamut coverage (and how this can affect printing)
Moderate fitness levels will be required, and coastal path ascent & descents will be undertaken on loose surfaces – please ensure you bring adequate footwear for the 2 days.
Participants must have a basic understanding of manual camera settings and know how to change Aperture, Shutter Speed & ISO.
What you will need to bring with you;
- DSLR with Manual Controls
- Wide Angle Lens
- Remote Cable Release
- Tripod & Head
- Warm Outdoor Clothes
- Footwear suitable for rugged terrain
- Flask for a Hot Drink
This even is subject to suitable weather conditions.
Please email email@example.com if you have any questions regarding this product, thank you.
As the owner of Kernow Seascapes, Matt Montano wants you to be completely satisfied with your purchase and this workshop
Once payment for this Workshop has been made, a full refund can be applied for up to 100% of the full payment amount up to and including 14 days prior to the workshop.
Refunds (if applicable)
Once your return is received and inspected, we will send you an email to notify you that we have received your returned item. We will also notify you of the approval or rejection of your refund.
If you are approved, then your refund will be processed, and a credit will automatically be applied to your credit card or original method of payment, within a certain amount of days.
Late or missing refunds (if applicable)
- If you haven’t received a refund yet, first check your bank account again.
- Then contact your credit card company, it may take some time before your refund is officially posted.
- It could take up to 7 working days from the refund being issued to appear as a credit on your payment card
- Please be aware there is often some processing time before a refund is posted.
- If you’ve done all of this and you still have not received your refund yet, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Sale items (if applicable)
Only regular priced items may be refunded, unfortunately sale items cannot be refunded.
Exchanges (if applicable)
We only replace items if they are defective or damaged. If you need to exchange it for the same item, send us an email at email@example.com and send your item to: 10 Button Drive, Newquay, Cornwall, TR7 3FB, United Kingdom.
If the item was marked as a gift when purchased and shipped directly to you, you’ll receive a gift credit for the value of your return. Once the returned item is received, a gift certificate will be mailed to you.
If the item wasn’t marked as a gift when purchased, or the gift giver had the order shipped to themselves to give to you later, we will send a refund to the gift giver and he will find out about your return.
To return your product, you should mail your product to: 10 Button Drive, Newquay, Cornwall, TR7 3FB, United Kingdom.
You will be responsible for paying for your own shipping costs for returning your item. Shipping costs are non-refundable. If you receive a refund, the cost of return shipping will be deducted from your refund.
Depending on where you live, the time it may take for your exchanged product to reach you, may vary.
If you are shipping an item over £75, you should consider using a traceable shipping service or purchasing shipping insurance. In the UK, an example of this would be Royal Mail Tracked 48 hour.
If you do have any questions about the returns policy and your rights, that are not covered here, please email firstname.lastname@example.org